Saturday, August 14, 2010

Today's Favourite Clematis

As I've said before I love clematis (and roses).  At the last count I had over 30 (of each - I know I must stop buying them!) but as of today this is my favourite:
 Clematis Triternata Rubromarginata

It is so delicate and pretty, and not at all like the more blousier ones which scream out "come and look at me", this one just sits there, silently, waiting to be aspied.
I do suspect though, that in time, another one may inch its way to the top of the favourite board, but we won't tell that to this one, will we?

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

That is a lovely plant Su - I don't think I have seen it before.

JAne

Jo said...

That's such a delicate flower, a lovely colour too. I only have one clematis in my garden.

Celia Hart said...

What a pretty clematis. I have only one in this garden - a white alpina. But the other day walking through Saffron Walden I saw a beautiful yellow one with the fluffy seedheads and a gorgeous deep red/pink one with tulip-like flowers.

No wonder you love them!
Celia

PS I think all the emergency vehicles we saw last night were heading your way - it's amazing the outcome of the train crash wasn't more serious, but dreadful for everyone involved.

Su said...

Hi Celia,
Yes they were heading here. So glad it wasn't a train coming from Mark's Tey which would have been packed rather than just the 20 passengers that were on it. Must have been awful for all concerned.

Su

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Very pretty Su - I love its delicate shaped petals and the green stamen against the purple is wonderful.

Saw the terrible aftermath of the train crash on the news - didn't realise it was so near to you.

Jeanne
x