Saturday, January 15, 2011

Developing Skills for Working From Home

Most weeks I work from home for some of the time, but this week it's been every day.  I really enjoy being able to do this but this week it's been challenging at times as Florence and Dylan have been using the time to perfect some of their "she's working from home" skills.

Dylan has been practising his "occupy the chair she's just vacated" skill -







Florence has been practising her "make it as awkward as possible for her to type" skill -


 As well as her "make the stairs really difficult for her to negotiate" skill - 


Dylan's also been perfecting his "find strange places to sit where she won't find me" skill - 


They're also both perfecting the skill of removing the other one from the current best sleeping place, often the back of the sofa but this week it's been the bag the embellisher machine should live in.  This generally results in much hissing and growling (and spitting from Florence who isn't very ladylike!), but at times they've both managed to keep possession.

 I'm working from home for much of next week too - I wonder what skills they'll develop then?


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha.. I know it well! Why is the best place in the house to sleep that pile of papers you're working on?!!
Una

Anonymous said...

Toying with the idea of getting a cat again, despite telling myself I wouldn't.... but so many cat people blog, and all these photos are making me catsick.... which is like homesick only for cats you understand, not that I am sick of seeing or hearing about them. Love yours...

Jo said...

I love that last photo of Dylan, he doesn't think you can see him. Florence does look very comfy on the stairs.

Reading Tea Leaves said...

Oh my two are like that as well Su and Dylan is the image of my Jess! Great pictures!

Jeanne
x

Julie said...

Thanks for the smile :-) you have very talented cats!

Julie said...

PS I think they probably think they are teaching you ;-)

Jo said...

I've left you an award on my blog. Don't feel under any pressure to accept it if you don't wish to do so, I just wanted to let you know that I enjoy reading your blog.

Chrissie said...

I couldn't help laughing out loud at the 'embellisher-bag' cats!