After having tea and chocolate (Green and Blacks of course) I tackled my grump. Here are the instructions should you have a grump that needs tackling too.
1. Take some cheery fabric and a plain wooden bangle.
2. Cut cheery fabric into strips and wrap round bangle.
3. Take some variegated viscose thread and some pretty ribbon
4. Wrap ribbon and thread over fabric
5. Banish 'helpful' cat from the room and ignore the protests from the other side of the door (please note this step can be omitted if you don't have a similar helper!)
6. Rummage through bead stash and stitch beads over joins on bangle (avoiding sticking blunt end of needle into your finger if at all possible - ouch).
7. Sit back and admire the finished bangle.
Quite a productive way to cure a grump I think! (I wonder if I could sell these and make money from a grump - now there's a thought!)