Tuesday, October 8, 2013

The Secret Sewing Project (part 2)

As you'll know if you read part one I still had something to finish using the fabric from Celia's new fabric collection.  On Saturday morning I drove to Tiptree to replenish the supplies that I was missing and am pleased to say that the final items are now finished!

First to be finished was a bag.

Slightly padded, trimmed with ribbon and lined with a dark patterned cotton.


It has a little pocket inside 

and is going to come in very useful on a certain trip I have planned to the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace later this week.


 Then I decided to use up the tiny scraps of fabric that I had left and I made two needle cases.


Both are slightly padded, have twisted and tassled cords and have wool felt leaves inside for the needles.

The one with the button fastening (below), has already got a new home to go to


but I made the other little one (below) to give away - it's about 3" square and has a tie fastening.  If you'd like to give it a new home then just leave a comment indicating that you'd like it and I'll draw the names out of the hat.


As before all of Celia's fabrics can be found in her Spoonflower shop and links to the other gorgeous things made by herself, Gina and Tracy can all be found on her blog.

14 comments:

annie said...

Such lovely things!Please put my name in the hat, I would love to have a chance to receive the little needle case. :)

annie said...

Such lovely things!Please put my name in the hat, I would love to have a chance to receive the little needle case. :)

annie said...

Oh, sorry. In my excitement I managed to post my comment twice!

Mystic Quilter said...

Please put my name into the draw - this needlecase is a delight!

lp_ lisa said...

Oh Su, the bag is beautiful. Please put my name in the hat for the needlecase, the blue colour way is so pretty.

Gina said...

The bag is beautiful Su... wish I'd thought of making a bag now! And the needlecases are jsut perfect. What wonderful versatile fabric.

Gill said...

Gorgeous!
Count me in please!

Miriam Weaver said...

You have made such amazing things with the fabric Su. Love the bag, have lots of fun filling it at the K&S, and yes please! I'd love to win the cute needle case.

Jo said...

Absolutely lovely things you've made, and they all show off the fabric beautifully. Have a lovely time at the Knitting and Stitching Show, I hope you're going to tell us all about it. I'd love to be in with a chance of winning the needle case please, especially as I don't have one already.

CATHY DANIEL said...

Gorgious bag and lovely fabrics to work with. Have a good K&S show day. Must go there one year! I would love to be in the hat for your lovely needle case - it is soooo sweet! xCathy

Anonymous said...

I don't need a needle case but I do love the shade of blue of those things. Celia is rather clever isn't she?

Anna said...

Great makes with Celia's fabrics, just lovely.

elaine said...

The fabrics are lovely and you have shown them off perfectly especially the bag - all simple but very effective. Well done you and well done Celia.

FourHappyBunnies said...

Gosh your bag is beautiful - do you sell them? Xx